Tuesday 22 March 2022

Hello Baby

Baby showers! What are they all about? Here in the UK we never had them when I was expecting (many moons ago). I think they're definitely catching on now, but I'm not convinced we really know what to do at them. This weekend we had a family get together at a local eatery, with some baby gifts for the parents-to-be, and I made these simple, prediction cards for us all to complete. It was a fun thing to get everyone involved.

I only thought of these at the last minute, so they are very simple. 
I got myself a little production line going on the kitchen counter, stamping those letters individually takes concentration!! Thankfully the animals are all one stamp, but I also saved time by leaving it uncoloured, and I kind of like how that adds to the simplicity.

Playing along with a new (to me) challenge
with one grandson a year old and another on the way, I am going to have to up my game when it comes to 'male' cards.

mama elephant - the wild roar
my favorite things - mini well connected alphabet
versa color celadon ink

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Another one?? Oh, how wonderful - I must have missed the news, Caroline - congratulations on another grandson coming soon, and these darling shower games!
=]

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful animal card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.

JanR said...

What a lovely keepsake for the parents-to-be...and a fun game too! These are so sweet, I can't believe you stamped all the words by individual letters - that's awesome!

Lee said...

Ooooh,must have missed that news? I think a lot of this stuff has come over from America.We never had The Prom thing either did we.I do not understand Baby Showers either all a bit Commercial.My I do sound Grumpy lol.Anyway Congratulations.x

Goga said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at
The Male Room challange. Goga