Saturday 4 February 2023

Cold Days Hot Drinks

Hello.
Today I'm playing along at the Little Red Wagon Challenge
When I saw the theme was 'warm drinks' I knew exactly which stamp I wanted to use. This is one of my all time favourites.


After masking the image (and a circle for the moon) I used distress ink for the background. Then I coloured those winter pals in with Copics.
I love how the little robin is warming his feet on the edge of a cup of cocoa.

Lastly I added some water drops and some white splatter. Argh! I HATE splatter. It never really works for me. I end up with too large spots, or too small ones. And yes, I've watched hundreds of videos where people just tap their brush and it splatters beautifully.  I am just not one of those people.
Don't look too closely, or you can see where my first huge blobs of white had to be wiped off!!

Challenge


#690 Feature Warm Drinks

Docrafts forever friends stamp coloured with copics
distress oxide ink - salvaged patina

2 comments:

JanR said...

Wowzers! Such a delightful card! Gorgeous colouring and the cas layout is lovely. I know what you mean about splatter....I'm the same, it never turns out for me, so I know how you feel. I do think your splatter looks fabulous though!

Brenda said...

First let me say, I feel the same way about splattering...and for some reason I keep thinking that I can change that, but it rarely happens. However, I happen to think your splattering is perfect and adds so much to your darling card! Love this! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge!