Saturday 7 October 2023

If you've got it, haunt it.

 It's spooky season! Time to let those ghosts out...


I inked up my card panel with some clouds at the bottom, and a circle die-cut, to mask a moon. Then I used a star stencil with some embossing paste over the top.
My ghosts were a bit lost on the background, so I die cut them from black card, and just offset it a little, so they stand out better. 


I completely forgot to leave a space free for the sentiment, so I had to get creative.
I ended up covering those inky clouds with some vellum, and the heat embossed sentiment.
How on earth do you attach vellum?? I used a few glue dots, but they don't keep the vellum as flat as i would like, and they do show through.



  • my favorite things - ghostly greetings
  • distress ink - salvaged patina (it's a pale greeny colour, I don't know why it looks blue on the photos)
  • cloud stencil - but I ended up covering those clouds up :o)
  • spellbinders - all the stars stencil, with white embossing paste
  • time for tea designs - ocean waves die (because I don't have a cloud die)
  • versamark and white embossing powder
  • copics


1 comment:

JanR said...

Adorable card! Just the right mix of cute and spooky. So clever to add the black cardstock to the ghosts! Ah, vellum, gotta love it until you have to stick it down! What I usually do is cut it a bit longer than what's needed and bend it around the layer and use adhesive on the back....but the vellum tends not to lay flat...which I find so annoying but less annoying than seeing the adhesive showing through. (: