Saturday 4 November 2023

When The Snow Lay Round About

Hello.
Today's Tip : don't underestimate a set of brown inks. They might not be top of your wish list, or your most exciting purchase, but they are oh so useful. I use mine for everything from little critters, cakes and pastries, to antlers, tree trunks and plant pots - and all sorts in between.

Here, I've used them for my trees and animals.


This is a stamp set I have had for ages, and it's always lovely to get it out again. I stamped the trees on a background panel and then added a 'snowy' hillside. The deer, rabbit and birds were stamped and die cut, then popped up with foam tape. 


Freshly Made Sketches

I rotated the sketch, but hopefully you can still see it.

  • wplus9 - winter woodland
  • pinkfresh studio inks - warm buff / doe
  • distress ink - festive berries
  • lawn fawn stitched hillside borders

4 comments:

JanR said...

Lovely card! Such a sweet scene and the cas design is wonderful!

Amy O said...

I love this! Such a clever use of the sketch, and the pops of red are festive and fun. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun take on the sketch! Your woodland creatures are so sweet. And I share your exuberance for shades of brown! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

I Card Everyone said...

Caroline, congratulations on being chosen as a favorite at FMS! It's lovely to see you again, and these darling creatures in brown!
=]