Thursday 23 May 2024

Sorry You Had A Ruff Day

Hello.
What do you have in your stash that you love, but rarely use? For me, its these larger 'house mouse' stamps. They intimidate me. 
I bought them eons ago, before I realised that I was never going to be great at colouring   :o)

This 'spotlight' technique is a good compromise. I can colour a smaller portion of the stamp, and just about get away with it! Have you tried it?


I stamped the image onto my card blank, then die cut a circle into it. When this was coloured, I popped it back into the space with some foam tape.

This was going to be a birthday card, but that little dog has such a sad look on his face I decided on a more appropriate sentiment.



Challenge



Stampabilities, House Mouse Designs - Soggy Doggie
Sentiment - My Favorite Things - Four Legged Friends
Copic Markers - White Gel Pen
Nestabilities Circle Die


5 comments:

Nonni said...

It's very cute! Don't be too hard on yourself, I think the coloring looks very good, I hope you enjoyed it! You found the perfect sentiment to match the image. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

Julia Aston said...

Yes, you are certainly right Caroline, that this is a great way to color just a portion of a larger stamp - I'm with you - I can't handle too much! Your spotlight is lovely on this and what a great idea to die cut the circle to color it, then pop it back in! and your coloring is wonderful! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. Julia xx

JanR said...

I'm sorry.....not great at colouring?!?! That is simply not true, I love your colouring! Fantastic technique on this card, will have to remember this the next time get daunted by all the colouring on an image. Perfect sentiment too!

Marlena M. said...

Such a great use of our spotlight technique challenge! Thank you for joining us at INk~

cm said...

Hello Caroline...dropping by to let you know that your House Mouse - Soggy Doggie spotlight card is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational! Congratulations - and thank you for sharing your creativity with us. Hope you'll play in our current challenge: Frames. If you've already done so, thank you!
~carol