Friday, 17 July 2026

Sweet Treats and Summer Days

Hello.
We've just had the most amazing week away in Abersoch, North Wales.
Have you been? It's our second time there and I would thoroughly recommend it.
The beaches are stunning.

So this is a thank you card for our dd, for inviting us along to share the fun with our youngest grandson.


Lot's of ice cream was consumed on our trip (it was hot!) so this little van was perfect.
The shaker card - not so perfect. It drove me crazy.
Those little elements keep sticking on top of each other. 
I've had a tip that maybe my foam tape isn't deep enough, so next time I'll try doubling up on it.
Any other shaker tips - send them my way  :o)


Challenge



  • time for tea designs - cool critters
  • my favorite things - in and out stitched squares
  • copic markers

7 comments:

donna mikasa said...

I love that you made a shaker for the sketch, ice cream truck and all! Yes, I think doubling or even tripling the foam tape (or frame) would certainly give you more space for your shaker bits. Thanks so much for adding this to the FMS gallery!

!neke said...

Great card !

JanR said...

Such a sweet card! I swear shaker cards do stuff like that on purpose. (-; I bet your dd loved it.

Jen Timko said...

A shaker!!!! This is just so fun and so clever. Thanks so much for joining us this week at FMS!

Darnell said...

You are a pro with Copics, Caroline! The ice cream truck and treats are just glowing and I love the colors! And, hey, I'm impressed that you made a shaker card; mine are (were) always dudes! Your trip to Abersoch sounds awesome! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

So CUTE!! What a fun shaker card with all the summer treats! Wonderful colouring Caroline. I find shaker cards a challenge, but they are so wonderful when they are done. :) Great work! xx

wannabcre8tive said...

This cute, cute, cute. Love the ice cream cone on top of the truck.