Wednesday 20 July 2011

Always and Forever

 It's my Anniversary today - hubby and I have been married for 26 years.

"What's that?" he asked  "glass, tin, copper???"
"No, it's My Mind's Eye Paper" I said, but he didn't fall for it
;-)

I made this picture board to stand on the table tonight,
as we eat a celebration meal that, right now, I am slaving over!!


I started with the plastic stand below, which was in a perfume box set
that someone got for Christmas.
I have a nice collection of odd boxes and packages all ready to upcycle!


The first thing I did with this was to cover the plastic with some 'kraft'
style card.


Then I cut a piece of cream card,
slightly smaller,
and inked and distressed the edges.
This formed the base for my
collage.








I inked and distressed a couple of sheets of Prima Botanical DP, and added them, along with some cream lace, pearls, blooms,  and a heart.

Look at me?
Can you tell, that even back then I wasn't a girly girl?
No amount of persuading could get me into a meringue with a flowing train!

Shoes - now they are another matter altogether. I LOVED these white, satin heels.



I digress ;-)   The frame - this was made by cutting up an old soap powder box and wrapping it with gardener's twine. You need the cardboard to be quite stiff to withstand all that wrapping!
I love this twine, the cheaper the better, so you get the lovely whispy bits.
I'm seriously thinking about using it, in some way, to tie up my Christmas presents this year.


Finally, I added a cream bow with a silver, glitter heart.
I made the 'Love' ticket on my comp and punched it with a McGills Ticket Punch.

I did stamp 'Amour' just above my bow,
but it got covered up when I added the key charm on a piece of twine.
 I think there's just room for me to go back and stamp it again, a little higher.








Challenges
Make It Monday -  Linky Party
Allsorts - Free & Easy


Supplies
DP - Prima Botanical.       Pearls, blooms, stickles glitter, cream ruffled ribbon, cream lace.
Gardener's Twine.             Key Charm.        McGills Ticket Punch.
'Amour' stamp from the Penny Black J'aime Paris set.
Dovecraft 2" Scalloped heart punch.
Xcut  Botanicals leaf punch

9 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful Caroline and congratulations to you both.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

just gorgeous!!! so soft and pretty, and I LOVE how you have done the frame! Hugs Juls

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun...and big congrats too...!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Chrissy said...

Congratulations..what a fabulous frame...love the layout, and very cute photo.And what are you doing cooking???
Thanks for sharing at Make it Monday.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Stressed Stamper said...

Congrats hun - I am 21 so behind you...been with hubby since I was 16 - I could have gone to prison for less and been a free person now!
Fab picci - enjoy the meal and rainy evening...hope you avoided all the traffic on the a64 the other day
Sarah x

Jeni said...

Happy Anniversary Caroline!!! What a beautiful addition to your dinner table. Enjoy!! ~jeni :)

Fleur said...

Wow this is stunning. I love what you've done with the frame.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Mary J said...

Congrats Caroline! And what a stunning original make!

Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x

scotspanda said...

fabulous work! the style is gorgeous and the papers and embellies are lush

thanks for being free n easy with us this week at Allsorts

hugs

Amanda xx