Thursday 21 July 2011

Go Green...

Today I have spent the day crafting, when really I should have been getting on with some housework.
I will just have time, after posting this, to rush round with the hoover and spray some furniture polish about - make hubby think I have been busy!!


This is for my SIL's birthday next week - I hope she likes bright!!
The background is a single piece of Kaisercraft DP, that I didn't want to cover up too much. Luckily there was an area of white space where I could place my circle and image.


When I have a large area, like this Diva's dress, I usually resort to paper piecing ('cos I don't trust my colouring skills) but I got the Copics out for this one and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.


Challenges - 
Ladybug Crafts Ink -  Summer Birthdays (you have until the end of July to enter)
The Paper Shelter - The Colour Green
Aud Sentiments - Use the sentiment 'enjoy your day' or any other sentiment to make someone smile.


Supplies - 
Stamp - Kanban Diva, Let's Go Shopping.
DP - Kaisercraft, La Di Da
Sentiment Stamp - Wild Rose Studio, Girly Greetings
Necklace - Liquid Pearls, White Opal
Ribbon from my stash

14 comments:

Wishcraft said...

So gorgeous! Fab image - beautifully coloured. Great layout and love the papers too :o) Lisa x

Faye said...

Oooooh your colouring is ace and I love the bright colours. xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!! This is FABULOUS!! xx

Julie said...

Love this! Great colors and design. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
julie

Lisa Jane said...

what a great image - i love her green dress and that pretty pink embossed topper
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Vicky said...

Just stunning hun...!

hugs Vicky xx

Juls said...

soooooooooooo stylish!!!! LOVE IT!!!! Hugs Juls

Joey said...

Hi Hunny

this is gorgeous, love your colour choice! hope you have a lovely friday forget the h/w

Joey x

Babs said...

Really love your card...the colours are great, as is your colouring. Thanks for sharing with us.
Babs

Audrey said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! I love the layout so much. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Pami said...

Oh gorgeous Caroline, love this Kaisercraft paper and you have used it so well on this card. Thanks so much for joining us at LCI this month, good luck! Pami x

gina g said...

Wow this is fabulous i love the image and i'm sure your sil will love it. Thanks for joining us at The paper Shelter this week. luv gina xx

Julie said...

Oh my word,this is absolutely gorgeous! love the way you've placed your image. Thanks for joining the summer birthday challenge at LCI. Have a great week,Julie.x
p.s. thanks for the housework tips,lol! I need a can of polish quick! :)

Amy said...

fabulous!!! Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge.