Saturday 5 November 2011

Cookies and stamping, what more could a girl want?

I had some cookie dough left over from the Haunted House
and thought I would have a play with it today. :-)

So, I rummaged through my craft room to see what I could use - and here are the results.
I had so much fun making these that I got carried away with the photos,
so good luck on making it to the end! lol**


I cut out and baked various shaped cookies, then used warm apricot jam to stick the fondant on to them.
NB: Putting jam in the microwave for 3 minutes,  not only fills your kitchen with smoke, but also coats your glass dish in burnt jam that will take a jackhammer to remove. 30 seconds is plenty!!


I just LOVE the way these turned out. They would be so pretty for Christmas presents, in a cellophane bag tied up with ribbon.

I left some icing white and coloured some pale lilac. The white cookies are really gorgeous, they just don't photograph as well.
Once the icing was rolled out, I dipped my stamp in some icing sugar, shook off the excess and then pressed it into the fondant. I added a few white balls to decorate.


Below, the lilac cookie uses another tree stamp from my set.
For the white cookie I rolled out the fondant, and pressed a swirly embossing folder into it.


I think the swirls embossing folder works the best. You can 'stamp' your icing and the  cut it to the shape you want.


I used my embossing folders on the trees - the dots one doesn't really work very well.
The snowflake is a Marianne Snowflake die and the flowers are a Stampin Up wooden satmp.


I found that cling stamps worked better than those on wood, because you can easily 'peel' them off the icing and they are easy to clean in a little warm water.


I am adding this to the
Inspire me Friday's Linky Party - check out the entries for lots of fab inspiration with all sorts of different crafts.

Supplies
Gingerbread / Fondant Icing and colouring / Cookie Cutters
Trees - Kanban Christmas Trees Set.     Marianne Snowflake Die.
Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder.    Dpts embossing Folder.      Stampin Up Flower Stamp.


18 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

My god - how many - just baked too...off to take a pic now...they look fabby and xmassy....
Huge cooking hugs
Sarah x
laughed at the microwave - sooooo me

Anonymous said...

These are amazing Caroline!!! This is a fantastic idea - I hope some big cookie company doesn't come along and steal it! These look far better than those I've seen for sale!
xxx

chrissy xx said...

WoW! These are Gorgeous!!!! Sooooo yummy too! Would you like my address? lol.
Chrissyxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fabulous idea Caroline - they really would make a beautiful gift. Love the idea of using embossing folders - absolutely brilliant!!
Have a great Bonfire Night (but don't eat ALL those cookies)!! - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Roma said...

Yummy these look terrific x

Donna said...

Scrummy biscuits Caroline, they look really yummy and so clever to use your stamps and embossing folders to decorate, such an effective and brilliant idea...bet they taste fab too :) Donna x

Aileen said...

These are super. Great idea to use your stamps on the icing and I agree they would make a super gift. x

Anne said...

what a bliddy woman you are!!!
These are fandabiedozie Caroline.
Get the kettle on lol
Anne x

CraftyC said...

Your very clever Caroline what a great way to use a stamp. Mind wouldnt want to visit you. I've piled on the pounds and I dont think I'd walk away with an empty stomach, LOL They look wonderful!
Clairexxx

Wishcraft said...

They look fabulous Caroline, such a great idea :o) Lisa x

Babs said...

What a great idea! I would never have thought about using my stamps & embossing folders to decorate cookies. TFS
Babs xo

Turtle In The Sand said...

Caroline, these are so elegant. I knew we can justify our dollars spent on crafting supplies. Look how versatile they are.

I made a yummy Ho Ho Cake, I'll post a pic and the recipe to join in with you are Sarah.

Hugs, Linda

Julie said...

Wow, Caroline - these are yummy!!! Fab way to use your stamps and folders too!! Juliexx

Liz McGuire, said...

Yum-mee, great idea, they look fabulous,

Liz x

Cheryl said...

Your cookies are gorgeous! I bookmarked your post to refer to when I am frantically searching for Christmas gift ideas. Thank you for all the tips.

Pauline said...

These cookies look fantastic! Yummy yummy!

Lorraine A said...

can I come to yours ????? lol YUM !!

xx

Juls said...

these are really fun! Hugs Juls