Thursday 21 August 2014

Colour My Life

I need more colour in my life.
After living in this house for almost 2 years, it's time to attack the 'antique cream' walls.
I have some jazzy wall-paper in mind for the porch, that is making Mr Kiss hyperventilate!!
Watch this space...

Thinking of colour has filtered through to my craft room and my latest card...
(sorry about the poor photos, they were taken in a rush, at the kitchen table on my iphone)


The inspiration photo at Fusion card is a gorgeous bouquet of summer flowers (see below).
Now, as you know, I am not great when it comes to flowers so,
I tried to replicate the colours from the bouquet, in my own way.

I started by die cutting lots of speech bubbles, and arranging them onto my card panel.
Any pieces that hung over the edge were trimmed off.
The speech bubbles were attached with foam tape after a few of them were stamped with sentiments, and a couple had sequins added.



Challenges.


Papertake Weekly - To Die For
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes .  Check out the fab shaker card tutorial.

Supplies.
Clearly Besotted - You Said It Stamps and Dies.  Make A Wish.
Sequins/Gems

11 comments:

Sue said...

This is wonderful Caroline, such a clever design using those beautiful colourful speech bubbles.
Sue xx

Deepti said...

Your card is such a master piece :) I love the colors and superb modern design! thank you for sharing with Fusion!

Di said...

Oh you CLEVER girl!! This is just brilliant Caroline! LOVE it loads.

Hugs, Di xx

Lee said...

You are clever you know,such imagination well done.Had to laugh,I'v just got rid of the colour in our sitting room hee hee,we have plain cream walls but lots of accent colours in me new room heeee heeeee.Big Hugs xxx

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is a whole lotta FUN!!!! Wonderful!!! LOVE color!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION, so happy that you did, thanks for sharing!!!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous fun card.
luv
Debby

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous idea Caroline and such a creative take on the Fusion inspiration. I would never have thought of using speech bubbles like this - wow!
Hugs
Carol x

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely card hun, very eye-catching :) Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Bettina L. said...

Absolutely love the design of this card. Personally I've never seen anything like it and the colours cheer me up. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back next tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Top Tip Tuesday xx

Lori Turner said...

Oh this is so cool, Caroline! I love this! Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week xoxox

Sue U said...

Love your card - really different and original :) Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Anything Goes challenge
Sue x