Sunday 16 October 2016

Holiday Cheer

My husband  budget allowed me to order 2 full sets
of stamps and dies for this year's Christmas cards.
And here's what I chose - 
O Christmas Trees and Deer Friends from My Favorite Things.
Now, I need to stop looking at other Christmas goodies.
Let's see how that goes!


I've played along at the Seven Hills Crafts Challenge,
where, this month, there are three different colour themes to choose from.
I've gone for the peacock greens, and tried to get as close to those colours as I can.

I built the background up using stitched hillside borders,
then framed it with the postage stamp die.
I don't do a lot of embossing so I had a tricky time with that sentiment.
This was my second try. On the first go I discovered that wiping my black card with the talc pad thingy ( ??)  left a residue on the textured card that wouldn't brush off.  It ended looking a like chalk board. Does anyone know what I mean,
and  is there a way round this?
I ended up embossing without using it, but got a few, stray flakes of powder
scattered about.

Lastly,  I added my die-cut trees and reindeer, popped up on foam pads.




My Favorite Things - O Christmas Trees and Deer Friends.
Avery Elle Postage Stamp Die.  Lawn Fawn Hillside Borders Die.
Versacolor - Lagoon Blue and Celadon.  White Embossing Powder.  Copics.

1 comment:

Esther said...

This is lovely Caroline! You've used the different shapes of the dies so effectively to build a fab scene, and it really works well with the peacock colour choice from our challenge. I know what you mean about embossing on black card. I find if I "pounce" the embossing buddy on the card rather than wiping it, then flick the excess off from the back, then stamp and heat emboss, it doesn't leave much/any powder behind. Definitely more tricky than white card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts :)