Tuesday 14 September 2010

Every snowflake is unique.

How is everyone getting on with their Christmas cards?
There's only 102 sleeps to go!!!   :-)

Here's another card I have made to go on the Christmas pile.


I followed the challenge sketch over at Sketch and Stash.
and my newest stash is these Memory Box papers.. they are just gorgeous 
and if you head over to Crafty Emma's Store you can grab some before they all go!

I have been trying to be a bit bolder with my colouring, using deeper shades of my copics,
but it was a bit tricky with the red, because I only have one deep red pen.
I tried to lighten areas with my blender pen, but I can't get on with that at all.
It just seems to creat an ugly 'water' mark and make the paper look like it's been rubbed too hard!!
Practice, practice,  I suppose!


Stamp - Pink Gem Mimi with Snowman, coloured with Copics. I also added some  Liquid Pearls 'Platinum' to her coat buttons and some Stickles Glitter ' Frosted Lace' to the snowman and ground.
Design Paper - Memory Box 'Spiceberry'.
Snowflakes cut with Slice machine (Fa la la design card) and then covered with glitter.
---------------------------------------------------

9 comments:

CraftyC said...

I love your card Caroline. It is beautifully coloured and a wonderful christmas image!
Clairexx

Sue said...

Hi hun
gorgeous card, awesome colouring, luv the snowflakes, goegous papers & design, oh don't tell me how many sleeps, rather it be 100s sleeps away! lol, sue,x

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous! I love your colouring and it is set off so beautifully with your crisp white ribbon & snowflakes. FAB!!!
Kaz xx

Faye said...

Please don't tell me you're not happy with the colouring!! It and the card are both marvellous! xxx

Carol said...

Caroline this is just too stunning Sweetie!! Luv those snowflakes, ooo how I wish my slice machine worked properly. Your colouring is outstanding as always. Sounds scary when you say Christmas is only 102 sleeps away hehe. Lotsa luv xxxx

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful Caroline your colouring looks fab well done thanks for joining us at Sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Julie said...

This is beautifully coloured and well done with adding another Christmas card to the pile. You might try using a reddish brown to blend your red with.

Unknown said...

Awwww, I love this one too, your colouring is awesome xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Caroline :-) the image is adorable and I def need some of these papers !!! :-)

as for copics ,, the blender pen is misnamed ,, it is not really a blender ,, think of it more of an eraser !!
you need to blend with lighter shades, not the blender ,,,, more expense I think !!! :-)


thanks for joining us on the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x