Monday, 6 December 2010

Christmas Cash !

For some people in my family ( mainly the teenagers! ) cash is the best option at Christmas. But, if that's what they are getting, I at least want it to be in a pretty walllet. Here's my very quick and easy cash wallet....



 I used a piece of card approx 160mm x 235mm - scored along the long edge at 55mm and 95mm and with one end punched.  Fold up along the 55mm score line and stitch the sides,  a few mm's from the edge. This will make your wallet big enough for a £20 note. Then fold the top piece down and decorate.
For the band, which keeps the wallet closed, I used a piece of card 335mm x 22mm. (I had to join pieces, but the middle stamp covers this up).

Challenges.
Fussy & Fancy - Anything But A Card
Secret Crafter - Christmas

 
Design Paper - Memory Box   Fa La La Stamp - Catslife Press.   Martha Stewart Lace Border Punch. Ribbon from my stash.

******************************

6 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Great Gift card lol. I sure would love one of these with a £20 note inside. he! he!
Chrissyxx

Stressed Stamper said...

Oh I like that...good for birthdays too....though this year my money is wrapped round tube of sweets as hate just giving money...but thats what they want!
Sarah x

Sue said...

Hi hun
oh wow what a gorgeous money holder, beautiful hun may have to remember that one! sue,x

Pops x said...

Fantatsic idea babe, love this so much and you are so right with the cash option too hugs Pops x xx

Cecelia said...

These are a great idea! I may have to do something like that for our older nieces and nephews. Hope you had a great weekend;0)

Hugs
Cecelia b

debby4000 said...

Oh these are fabulous Caroline.
luv
Debby