Wednesday 5 September 2018

WHOO LOVES YOU?

Hello.

Have you been over to the Muse card club challenge this week?
There's a stunner of a card from Anita.
It had me wracking my brains to come up with something though...


I used a birch tree stamp for my background - trying to replicate Anita's gorgeous, gradient colour by inking and spritzing - but that just ended up with a big splodgy mess.
So I stuck with solid colour and some added glitter.

The glitter is there - honest!
It just tries to hide when I get the camera out.




I focused on...
  • bold stripes of colour, with added glitter
  • solid black image
  • CAS design


Supplies
Clearly Besotted - Into the Wood Again, You're a Hoot
MFT - Rect Stax 1, In and Out Stitched Squares, Bundle of Baby Clothes (heart)
Distress Oxide Ink - Wilted Violet.   Glamour Dust.

6 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab layout and I love the owl.xxx

Ardyth said...

Ah! I've been stumped - this is so fun and creative! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Michelle W said...

Great take on Anita’s card, love it!

Neets B said...

Thanks for your kind words, Caroline, so glad you liked my card. I love your interpretation, turning the stripes of the hair into trees, and the purple shade is perfect for a night time theme with the owl. Thanks so much for playing along at Muse, Anita x

Tinstar said...

Super cute card Caroline, Love how you interpreted the MUSE card by adopting the colour scheme when your gradient didn't work out as planned - well adapted.

Aileen said...

Brilliant card Caroline totally love the purple trees behind that wonderful owl.