Wednesday 12 September 2018

ARTY ANEMONES

Hello.

This week's Muse card is a real stunner, but eek! it's flowers,
so I'm definitely out of my comfort zone.

I stamped up my blooms and leaves and then coloured them with bold Copic strokes -
trying to replicate Tracey's gorgeous, arty stamping.
I love how this weird colouring turned out... :-)
but the whole thing nearly went in the bin because I just couldn't get it to look balanced.

Then, I spotted a die-cut, square window piece on my desk and putting that over the top of the flowers made them stand out more (does that make sense?).

I finished with a stamped sentiment and some flicks of a white gel pen.





LOVE LOVE LOVE Tracey's card.
A real stunner

I focused on   
  • the flowers/leaves stamped in black
  • bold stamping with no overlapping
  • minimal colouring in orange, teal and grey



Supplies.
WPlus9 Modern Anemones
MFT - Rectangle Stax 1, In and Out Stitched Squares
Mama Elephant - Labeled Messages
Copics

11 comments:

Betty McDougal said...

Very nice card. Who doesn't LOVE flowers...

I Card Everyone said...

Caroline, it is bold, and beautiful - worthy of framing! and your coloring is a STROKE of genius!
=]

Doreen said...

Love the beautiful flowers,this is just gorgeous.xxx

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Anemones and love your design and the way you used bold Copic strokes to give your blooms that artistic airy feeling. Well done, Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

I like the stitched window affect and overall great card design!

Nancy Penir said...

I love your interpretation of Tracey's beautiful florals. The way you colored the blooms, and the flecks of white, lovely! Looks like you have a new comfort zone!

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! I love your gorgeous take on Tracey's card. Love the orange background panel which highlights even more those stunning flowers ! Thanks for inspiring.

Ardyth said...

I think you nailed it with your 'weird' colouring and balanced square die cut! LOL! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Cat Craig said...

I can't believe flowers are out of your comfort zone - This card is GORGEOUS. I came by from Muse.

Karen Brown said...

What a bright happy card! Beautiful!

Aileen said...

I am so loving this look of minimal colouring of the florals. Makes life a lot easier but also so very eye catching. Love it Caroline.