Saturday 21 March 2020

LET'S CHILL

Hello

I blew the crafting budget this month - why the hell not?
And, these ice lollies are from my new 'summer scoops' set by SugarPea Designs.


I kept my card nice and simple for the CAS(E) this sketch challenge, but I did manage to try 2 new tips that I picked up from the amazing Jennifer McGuire

You've probably all been doing these clever things forever, but if not give them a go... 

1. Each lolly only needed one ink colour. Stamping over your ink with Versamark gives you a darker shade. This is brilliant for layered stamps.

2. For the lolly sticks (for example) I usually stamp each stick, then place the die over the top, tape it down and cut it. Fiddly, yeah?
Instead, I die cut a template that I stuck down into my stamping platform. Then, I die cut all the sticks from white card, inlaid them into the template one at a time, and stamped them.
Does that make sense? 
I will definitely do my die cutting this way in future, it was so much quicker.

Challenge



supplies
SugarPea Designs - Summer Scoops
Inks - Altenew - Sea Breeze, Citrus Burst, Baby Pink
          Versacolor - Lime, Lavender, Bisque
VersaMark


2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So chilly-icious, Caroline - thanks for sharing these popsicles with us at CTS!
=]

donna mikasa said...

Popsicle-icious! Thanks so much for playing with us and congrats on being a CTS Fave! Stay safe and healthy!