Wednesday 1 June 2022

Strike Up The Band, It's The Jubilee

Hello. It's time for a street party!
Get your bunting out,  your party food ready, and strike up the band, to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. 
Here's the bunny band, all ready to go.

I inked up a background with distress ink, and splattered it with acrylic paint. This is quite a good splatter for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it usually ends up everywhere! I've started to place my panel inside an old shoe box and then splatter away :o)

The bunnies were stamped and die cut, coloured with copics, and popped up with foam tape.


Challenge

The Card Concept

I chose to use the red, white and blues from the photo and a mixed media style.


mft stamps - strike up the band and tri-frame cover up
distress ink - tumbled glass, faded jeans
acrylic paint for splatter   white gel pen for accents
 

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

All the best to your Queen! LOve your parade, Caroline! Your coloring is fabulous!
I was there in 2012 - her 60th Diamond year! Missed the hoopla but loved that she was crowned the year I was born - shhh don't tell!!
=]

Kerry Parkinson said...

I just love everything about this card, it's so vibrant and cheerful! I feel you about splatters - my problem is getting them to go where I want them, lol. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept. Cheers, Kerry DT

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh my, this is so adorable! Love your patriotic band and use of the colors from our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept -we hope you can join us again soon :-)