Thursday 8 February 2024

Blow Out All The Candles

 Hello.  This was a tricky card for me. I know it looks simple, but if I'm not using stamps with animals, or people, then I struggle a bit. To help me out I used the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.


The candles are all die-cuts, stuck together (I used some 'stick it' sheets to make this easier) and then adhered to a card panel, where I had already stamped the centre sentiment.  I just snipped off the excess bit of candle.


I added the scallop piece from a frame die cut, and some glossy accents on those flames.

Challenge


  • concord and 9th - make a wish stamps and dies
  • ecoline real brush pens
  • glossy accents
  • mft dienamics stitched rectangle scallop edge


6 comments:

!neke said...

Great card !!!
You got a new follower !!!!
groeten Ineke

Jen Mitchell said...

I think this is a terrific birthday card. I love all the candles! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

JanR said...

Never would have thought you struggled with this type of card because this is so splendid! Loving al the different candles and the bright colours!

Kim S said...

I LOVE your use of the candles going both directions! It might have been tricky for you but it turned out fabulously! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jacquie Southas said...

Such a bright & happy design, Caroline! Love the layered flames. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a superfun and cheery card! I love these happy patterned candles and the way you arranged them. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!