Sunday 17 October 2010

Chocolate Oreo Truffles

Intra Aortic Balloon Counterpulsation - mean anything to you?? No, me neither - but that's what my daughter has filled my desktop with this weekend. Whilst she deals with the frivolity of saving lives, I have been delving into more important matters -  the perfect truffle !!!

HUGE thankyou to the fabulously talented Julie, for this Oreo truffle recipe. Please pop over to her blog to see her amazing cards and projects.
This is a real winner - these are de-lic-ious!


I did some milk and dark chocolate ones, but the milk are definitely better. Not sure how long these will keep, because of the cream cheese filling, but I have a feeling they won't hang around long enough to wory about that! The recipe is below - let me know if you give them a try.


 I also made some iced gingerbread - there is nothing better, when it's rainy and cold outside, for the smell of  warm treacle and ginger to come wafting out of the kitchen.


********************************

10 comments:

Emma said...

I'm not looking....lol, diet for me now!!
Hugs Emma x

Lindsey said...

Yes, does indeed mean something to me as I used to work in Cardiac surgery but I'd still eat the truffles though! All of them! Right thanks for the inspiration, I'm off to have a Mars Bar!

Mandi said...

Ive put on 4lbs just looking at your yummy photos lol

tfs
mandi xx

Julie said...

Wow Caroline they look soooo yummy! Perfectly presented too. I'm gonna have to try the recipe now, and thanks too for translating it into something that sounds so much more cookbook like than the one I send you. Could do with a bit of that ginger bread too with a nice fruit tea mmmm.

Sue said...

hun
oh i do look forward to sundays to see what treat are on offer, these look bloody scrummy hun, look better than shop bought, sue,x

Stressed Stamper said...

Those chocs look shop bought...are you sure you have not been cheating?

Joey said...

oooooh oh oh oh oh why oh why did I come over lol dribble dribble, thanks for entering me candy hun, good luck. Joey.xx

Juls said...

yummmm yummmm....you are tempting me with so many gorgeous goodies, and I am supposed to be on a diet!!! Hugs Juls

Faye said...

OMG. This is not a good post to see before breakfast on a Monday morning!! I guess the diet starts tomorrow. Oh, please, please, purleeeeeaaaaase can I move into your spare room?! BTW, I had to take out a restraining order on Nicolas Cage, he's been pestering me so much. I wish he'd just accept I can't marry him....
xxx

Kaz said...

OMG me waist line is expanding just looking at your blog!!
All these delightful looking goodies.......grool!