Thursday 27 April 2017

BEAR IN THE WOODS

Hello.
Here's my card for this week's MUSE challenge.

You might be wondering how I got to this card from Kay's gorgeous work,
but I an explain ;-)


I looked at the overall layout of Kay's card and followed that ( a bit like a sketch).
To begin with, I masked off a curve on my rectangle and stamped my trees using similar colours to Kay's bouquet.
Then I added a little distress ink, under the trees, for my hill.
The bear was die-cut, coloured with Copics and stuck on with foam pads -
and I chose a bold sentiment stamp and a scattering of sequins to finish.

card by Kay Miller


Supplies
Wplus9 - Feathers and Florals / Friends For All Seasons Fall
MFT - Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Die
Inks - MFT Poppy / Ripe Raspberry / Sour Apple.  VersaColor Green Tea
Distress Ink Scattered Straw
Sentiment - Lawn Fawn, Year Two

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

Another stunning card, Caroline - love that you 'reversed' it and put the colours in the background! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Lucille K said...

This little bear card is adorable :)

Happy Dance said...

I love your take on Kay's card! You've switched the colors from background to foreground, and made a very fun card! The hill and the little bear are delightful, and the scallops are sweet as well. This is very sweet! Bev

Marilyn said...

A very fun card, Caroline. Love the colorful tree background ... the bear is adorable. A happy take on Kay's Muse card.

Unknown said...

Very cool bear. I really liked your bear and trees composition in the small image on the Muse blog and I'm glad I popped into your blog to see the explanation of how you got from Kay's card to yours. A smart and original take on the card.

Jaana said...

Love this card! The bear is cute and I love your colour choices. Very nice!

Joyce said...

I totally can see how you got from Kay to your own adorable card. Simply sweeet.

NatNatBot said...

This card is really cute. I love the colours you chose to make the forest in the background.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This definitely was one of my favorites at the Muse! Congrats on your win!!!!

Dortesjs said...

Love this card, very sweet