Thursday, 20 April 2017


I usually come unstuck when I try something a bit 'arty'   :-)
but I really like the way that this card turned out.
It was a bit tricky with all the masking - but worth the effort.

Once I had stamped my leaves/blooms, I die-cut lots of the shapes to use as masks.
I tried taping and holding them in place over their stamped image, whilst inking the spaces.
This was a bit tricky, and they did slip a little - but overall I like the effect.

I nearly messed the whole thing up when I decided to stamp some random black dots, that looked awful, but I managed to cover them up with sequins!!

I took  my inspiration from Jenni's card at...

WPlus9 - Feathers and Florals
Sentiment - Mama Elephant, Labeled Messsages
Inks - VersaColor Laurel Leaf and Hero Arts Butterbar
MFT - Stitched Scalloped Rectangle


Juls said...

Very stylish xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Sometimes a mistakes lead to something special being added to the card and this is what happened in your case Caroline!and love the soft colour you used. Thank you for joining us this week at Muse x

sandie said...

well you rocked the arty look here and your masking and blending is perfect. The sequins did the job-I am always doing cover ups like this! Great take on Jenni's card x

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous! Totally worth the effort! You should get some full adhesive post it notes. They work great for masking.

Jaana said...

Love the soft background colour with a pop bright yellow. Very nice card!

Ardyth said...

Oh, my, that soft sagey aqua with those bold pops of yellow is just stunning! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Caroline!

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous! And if you hadn't told us, I would have thought those sequins were the original idea! :-)

Dianne Gutchlag said...

this is a great card. You've taken inspration from the muse card but done your own thing.
I always find masking a challenge - but really worth it if you get it how you want - I find the teeniest bit of blu-tac can help hold masks in place :-)