Tuesday 9 October 2018

YAPPY CHRISTMAS

Hello.

This is one of those cards that I managed to make way more complicated than it needed to be.
I really wanted to mask and stamp the pups, then partially die-cut them along the top. I just couldn't figure out how to do it!
In the end I die-cut them individually, attached them to a rectangular piece, and cut away the top part of the rectangle. Does that make sense?


I wanted some depth to the background, so I attached the Christmas pups panel to my painted piece with foam tape.

Then, I cut various coloured borders to try  - patterned dp, blue/red/black card.
I opted for the black in the end, because it just made the dogs 'pop' more.
I'm just not all that sure about so much black on a Christmas card.
What do you think?



Challenges

October Anything Christmas

Let's Get Ready For Christmas

Supplies
MFT Stamps - Happy Pawlidays, coloured with Copics and Diamond Dust
Inside and Out Stitched Rectangles
Acrylic Paint

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

It makes perfect sense to me, Caroline! and turned out adorably!
=]

Doreen said...

Love those gorgeous Pups,this is gorgeous.xxx

BrendaB said...

I think the black is perfect - really makes those cute little pups stand out! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Aileen said...

Perfect sense Caroline, how often do we do things and they become so complex and later we see another way to do it. Me- lots of times. I love the scene and those sweet puppies that I have been colouring away ready for Christmas. If you have the scan n cut you could always mask your stamping then cut with it - just a thought. I don't have the dies and cut everything with the scan n cut, no not everything lots.

Your card is totally smashing, love it.

BrendaB said...

This is just adorable! I think the black border is a great accent. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's October "Anything Christmas Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLC DT
Love To Scrap 2