Friday 2 July 2010

Christmas in July

I am a bit out of practice with Christmas cards,
but seeing as there are only 175 days 'til Christmas Day (eek!!)
it seemed like a good time to start making some.

I managed to dig out my box full of Christmas papers and stamps,
but I definitely need to buy some seasonal embellies.

I came across some mulberry paper (the dark green)
that I haven't used in ages.
If you wet the edges and carefully tear it,
you get a lovely feathered effect.
I 3D'd a couple of mice with foam pads,
coloured them with copics and added some stickles glitter.
I used a green chalk around the image and some yellow,
where the lantern is.
It doesn't show up too well in the photo though.

I finally found a great leaf punch.
My last one - I had to stamp on to get it to cut through anything,
and then it would completely jam!!
This one is from Xcut and it embosses as well.

Challenges I am entering...
Stampin' For The Weekend - Christmas in July and Sandie's Sketch
Fussy and Fancy - Christmas in July
Winter Wonderland - Punch It Out!

Recipe -
Stamp - Penny Black Christmas Critters.
Design Paper - My Mind's Eye - Signature Christmas.
Leaves - XCut Botanical Embossing Punch.
Blooms - Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards
Star Charm - The Hobby House
My Stash - adhesive pearls, brad and ribbon.

-------------------------------------------------------

11 comments:

Juanita said...

You did a fabulous job on this Christmas card, those little mice are so adorable, love the dimension you added. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

downrightcrafty said...

Oh I do love it when all the MME papers start to come out from their Christmas hideouts. Love the stitching detail around the card and the lovely effect of the torn mulberry paper around those adorable mice. Great use of the punches and die cuts. Thank you for playing along at Winter Wonderland and hope to see some more of your work.
Hugs Kate xx

Kate's Makes said...

A gorgeous card and i love this image! :o)

Thanks for playing along with the stampin for the weekend challenge :o)

Kate

Melissa said...

Love the dangling star. Very cute!

Cor* said...

This is so sweet! I immediately noticed the 3D mice and that new leaf punch is TDF!! Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy!

Joey said...

Hiya Hunny

gorgeous card and beautiful colour choice, funny enough I stamped up and began colouring some christmassy images the other day

Joey.x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love these PB mice and that effect with the paper is great, must try that one. Lovely colouring too. That leaf punch looks great, must look out for that one. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Marianne x

Emma said...

Sssshhhhhh about the christmas thing....its ages away yet!! Lol
Your card is adorable, gorgeous image and papers.
Hugs Emma x

Joanne Stott said...

What a beautiful card and i love these little cuties. Thank you for joining us at SFTW for this weeks challenge.

hugs x

Joanne (Craftie Mummy)

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! Those little mice are too cute. Beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy's Christmas in July Challenge!

Heidi-Mari said...

Hi Caroline
What a pretty card!
I love the mice, they are so cute.
Congratulations on making the top 3 at SFTW!
Hope to see you again.
Heidi-Mari