Wednesday 2 September 2009

Piece of Cake!

Just as soon as I headed over to
I knew that I could have some fun
planning my Christmas table.
Oh yes, I can hear some of you say, 'it's a bit early',
but do you know there are only
114 days 'til Christmas!!!

The challenge this week is to make a table setting.
Well, every table needs a centrepiece,
so I decided to make this 'cake'.

Each little cake slice easily opens up,
and I was thinking of filling them with
sugared almonds.

The template for this cake slice came from
splitcoaststampers.
Sorry, I can't add the link, because their site is down right now,
but it should be up again soon and then you can search their site for it.

I used K & Co Peppermint Twist paper.
It's nice to use a double sided paper like this,
so that you can see a pattern when the slices are opened.
Then I punched some snowflakes,
covered them with diamond dust
and stuck one on the top of each slice.
A nice piece of ribbon holds all the slices together.

Don't forget to head over to Winter Wonderland
and check out the gorgeous projects
from the DT
xxx

12 comments:

Teri said...

Ohhhh Caroline .... this is stunning! What a fabulous idea ... and how gorgeous you've made it! Well done!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland!

Teri xx

Penni said...

Wow Caroline, this is fab. I'm just getting into 3D papercrafting and this really would be a test of my ability for sure. I'm off to take a look!

Hugs
Penni
X

debbies said...

Caroline this is so cute! I've never seen them done with Christmas/winter papers. Love all the papers you used.

Teri said...

This is sooo brilliant an idea!! Well done you!
Thanks for playing at WW this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Emma said...

Wow stunning creation Caroline...I love it!! Will have to hunt this template down.
Emma x

Julie said...

A really lovely project.

Cherry said...

Stunning Caroline - love the design and your papers - utterly novel and gorgeous. XXX

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, wonderful papers too.
luv
Debby

Sam said...

Oh my goodness what a brilliant idea! And what gorgeous papers you've used, I can just imagine pretty sugared almonds inside too, a real treat and keepsake! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland :)

Sew This N That said...

Oh how awesome, Caroline, it will make a lovely centrepiece :0)
I have so got to have a go at making this, thank you for the inspiration :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Joey said...

Hi Caroline

WOW WOW AND WOW I am in awe this is absolutely bloomin brilliant!!! and such a perfect touch to any table. fantastic creation!

thanks for joining us this week

Joey.xxx

Unknown said...

This is stunning! Beautiful!